Unclaimed Child Support

When a child support check can not be delivered because the parent's address is unknown, the support payment becomes unclaimed.  A parent may claim the support owed to them.


Click here to search the list of Unclaimed Child Support.


To claim the support owed to you:

  1. Follow the instructions and fill out the Request for Abandoned Funds form.
  2. Print off the form.
  3. Sign the form in front of a Notary Public. (A Notary is someone licensed by the state to witness signatures). You may use the Notary Public at your child support agency.
  4. Mail the completed form to the address listed at the top of the form.

This form is also available in Hmong and Spanish.


If you have any questions, please call (608) 266-9909.



(NOTICE: This information is provided to the Office of the State Treasurer by the Department of Children and Families. The Department of Children and Families manages the Unclaimed Child Support program and updates the list that is posted on this page.)

Department of Children & Families
Bureau of Child Support
PO Box 7935
Madison, WI 53707-7935

(608) 266-9909



Print Version |   Return to Previous  

Legal/Acceptable Use   |   Privacy Notices   |   Site Map
Wisconsin Office of the State Treasurer  • P.O. Box 2114 •  Madison, Wisconsin 53701
Toll Free: 855-375-CASH (2274) • FAX #: 608-261-6799